Sunday, June 12, 2011

Only One Week Left Before "NOTHING"!

Tony and I are getting our final arrangements final... Actually, because it's Guyana, we are actually still finalizing almost everything!   The good thing about returning to the same place...is that we have come to see this as normal.

However, the real pressure on me has been the upcoming "Do Nothing-A-Thon".   I have been in training.  My Not-Working-Out schedule is being kept confidential  as there may be a book deal.

Seriously, I have raised some money for the computers, but the students require more units if we are to overcome  the problems from last year.   Of course, Tony and I will go no matter how many computers we actually raise.

I have never enjoyed fund raising, maybe because I don't enjoy being "Fund Raised".    Between Anne and me, the mail brings appeals everyday.   I get tired and feel overwhelmed, so I give them all to Anne to deal with.

So why should you part with your hard earned money for "Laptops for Guyana"?   To tell you the truth, I don't have a good answer, except that this would be a major contribution to the nursing students' education.

I know why I get involved at Mercy Hospital and the School of Nursing.   It is not hopeless.   A limited amount of money and effort can improve individual lives and the whole profession of Nursing in this small country.  

The young people work hard to get ahead and make their families proud.   Most have chores before and after school that would make our children get a human rights lawyer.  Though [don't get me wrong], they still have their share of "goof-off's".    However, all are grateful for our contributions to their education... and even say, "Thank you."

I can't say why you might make a donation.   I do have a small observation: Those people who have never met me have made more donations than those who know me.    I wonder what that means?

I have to admit that I am a little disappointed in my fund-raising skills.   Maybe I should have paid more attention in Economics 101?

Of course, everyone out there might just want to identify with The Guyanese... and are waiting till the last minute.   Well, NEWS FLASH: It is really close to the last minute.

 Hope that you can join in and support me in my grueling challenge this Sunday Evening.  The live link [I think it works.] is on the right side of the blog.


Take Care,  John

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think as you have read what I think...