Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"Nothing" Accomplished - Thanks

All my hard training paid off as I kept my edge for the whole grueling event.  It will take some time for me to get a total of funds raised as there is a post strike here in Canada.
 All in all, it was probably not my greatest idea and definitely not my worst.   What I tried to accomplish was bring some attention to Tony and my efforts to get our students connected to the great electronic resources on the net.  
While I clearly didn't raise enough money for netbooks for each of the first year students, we will have about 6 new well-equipped laptops for the students at the Cafe.   Maybe we will restrict the new computers for students only - otherwise it seems that they are confiscated by staff. 
I'll include a picture of me in my uniform: a custom-designed Guyana T-shirt, official government hat and my own special touch - "Golden Arrowhead" pants.   I had to search all over for the yellow, green, red, black and white.  I am in conversations with an international clothier about taking the design global.  
Notice: The well-used "Couch Potato" pillow...

Only two months left before we head back to Mercy... Thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think as you have read what I think...